Thursday, 24 October 2013


I don't want people to think that I have been neglecting my blog and Facebook page. A lot of things have been happening, from good to bad, exciting to upsetting news and so on. I have not posted anything for the past month, that does not mean I have been ignoring you all. Thank you for all your warm messages and worrying about me. I'm sorry if  I have made you worried in any way.

I was really excited and getting ready for university, (a new chapter in life...) which has its own challenges and hurdles in the way. about 3 weeks ago I was admitted into hospital for a week and I fought hard to get out in time for university. My excitement was short lived, unfortunately. I had a nurse come in to train me on a new pump for my feeds (free go pump) which is well lighter than the clear star companion pump. Once the training had finished my tube had been hurting for a very longtime and it still does. she wanted to check my jejunostomy site. Now the problem here is that i don't have any stitches on them I have it taped with me-fix tape, what I do when I'm cleaning the site is use an adhesive remover spray which removes the stickiness and comes of extremely easy with out any problem. This is what I told the nurse to use, but she said no! she wouldn't listen due to that her glove got stuck to the tube when she moved her hand the TUBE GOT PULLED OUT!!! (OUCH!!!!) I SCREAMED IN PAIN! it felt like my whole insides were being pulled out and made me vomit uncontrollably and was in severe pain! She pushed the tube back in (if only she had listened to me, then I wouldn't have had to spent a week in hospital!) well I won't dwell on that too much, but it was one of the painful moments in my life of everyday painful moments that I live with as best as I can.

Well I got myself out in time for university and I'M SO GLAD I did!
My feed were started from 5mls/hour and increased when I could tolerate them. Gladly my tube was in the right position and for that whole week I had to stop my medicine which almost killed to the point where I was vomiting nothing but bile out. I was retching uncontrollably with a shotgun of nausea! I came out on a saturday and increased my feeds at home a an when I could tolerate them. It took some time but I got there.

University. Uni was starting on Monday and I was beyond excited and was hugely proud of my self. Neither in those 2 years of SixthForm did I believe that I would be able to step into a new chapter in my life. And I DID IT! I can't express the feeling I had on the first day of Uni. It felt like that there was hope, if I came along this far then I can still go on, even though everyday is a massive hurdle that I jump with pain and try to overcome it.

I'm into my 3rd week of Uni and its amazing! The people I've met and the whole vibe, its wonderful. The work is a load but I'm trying hard. There were some people who I won't mention didn't believe that  I would come this far! well they are putting their head down in shame because I proved them wrong! The course is challenging but I like challenges, and I've had a fare share of them (LOL).

I will try and update more regularly. Thank you for your ongoing support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, your comments are most welcomed! Its the only way we can move forward! x